Traveling to Abu Dhabi and not sure if you have to quarantine or not. Next, you are not sure if you are falling under one of the “Green List Countries”. No issues, effective from Sunday, 5 September 2021 Abu Dhabi has lifted all quarantine procedures for all vaccinated travelers from around the world allowing entry to the capital of the United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi.
The following vaccines are approved in the UAE:
*First, validate your vaccination or your exemption certificate in Abu Dhabi, five days before your travel date, download the Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship (ICA UAE Smart) app or visit the ica.gov.ae website to complete the ‘Register Arrivals Form’ and attach your vaccination certificate(s) for approval.
*Then an SMS will confirm approval of the registration form and vaccination certificates which includes a link to download Alhosn app, which enables users to show test results and vaccination status. Only vaccinated individuals are allowed to enter public places in Abu Dhabi.
*A PCR test is still needed to be taken 48 hours before the departure from the point of origin.
* Upon arrival in Abu Dhabi, travelers will receive a Unified ID number from airport immigration or via the ICA UAE Smart app or ica.gov.ae website; this is required to complete the registration on Alhosn app.
* Upon arrival at Abu Dhabi International Airport, another PCR test will be needed to be taken and the results will be received within 90 minutes.
* Either wait at the airport or the chosen accommodation for the results. If the result is negative then the AlHosn app will automatically show a “Green Status”.
* Children under 12 years old and exempted individuals will not require to take the PCR test upon arrival.
* Here is an alternate to using the AlHosn app for checking the PCR results: https://m.alhosnapp.ae/login
* If coming from Green List countries, travelers will need to take another PCR test on day 6 (counting the day of arrival as day 1)
* If coming from non-Green List countries, travelers will need to take another PCR test on day 4 and day 8.
The ‘green’ list
Below is the full list of ‘green’ countries, regions and territories that you can travel from if planning a trip to Abu Dhabi:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong (SAR)
- New Zealand
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- Taiwan, Province of China
Note: The list are subject to change and USA is not on the green list